Monday, November 21, 2011

The land (borrow pictures)

A while back I posted some pictures of people from this land, and noted that they were not my pictures, but those from my colleagues, taken during years when picture-taking was not such a dangerous business in our part of the country.  From that same library of pictures I've found some nice pictures of the land to share with you.


This is a fancy shelter for a melon guard.  Melons are pretty serious business here.

The rolling hills around our city, unlike any place I've seen before.

One of my favorite pictures of friends on their commute.


This is the greenest village graveyard I've seen.


Men sifting grain after harvest.

Some villages have very little water.  One like this is a very hard place to live.

The shortcut between valleys.

The beautiful thing about this province is that some years it rains, and when it does, the dry hills actually grow something!

2 comments:

  1. wow, these are incredible photos! Such unique terrain!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures seem fake ... so distant ... yet - it is your life! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete